Apple today updated GarageBand for Mac, improving compatibility with GarageBand for iOS and Live Loops projects. The update also includes support for Music Memos projects, allowing them to be opened in GarageBand, and it offers support for Logic Remote for iPhone and iPad Pro.
The Music Memos app, designed for musicians and songwriters, was introduced in January alongside a GarageBand for iOS update that brought the Live Loops feature. Live Loops is a new GarageBand interface that lets users create music by tapping on a grid-like arrangement to trigger different looped instruments and samples.
Along with these features, it adds more than 2,600 new Apple Loops and sounds to the app, adding more variety and options for song and music creation. There are also improvements to reliability when downloading content and enhancements to Accessibility.
- Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS and Live Loops projects
- Opens Music Memos projects
- Supports Logic Remote for iPhone and iPad Pro
- Adds over 2,600 new Apple Loops and sounds
- Improved reliability when downloading additional content
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
In addition to GarageBand, Apple has also released a minor update for MainStage 3, designed to address overall stability and performance issues.
GarageBand can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]
MainStage 3 can be downloaded from the App Store for $29.99